The TANF Data Collaborative (TDC) is offering a data visualization online course to help professionals at TANF and related human services agencies analyze, explore, and communicate their data more effectively.
The goals of the course are to show participants how to:
- Use tools to gain greater insights from data and make in-house data more accessible.
- Explore relationships and distill large amounts of data into visual graphics.
- Make informed decisions using data and evidence.
- Apply the principles and practice of looking at and presenting data.
- Conduct exploratory analyses to explore and refine hypotheses.
- Tell stories with your data and create compelling visualizations and graphics for communication and dissemination.
- Develop a good eye for reading and understanding graphs and think critically about the information we consume.
The course is expected to launch in early 2020. Join the Collaborative e-mail list to receive notifications about this and other TDC training and technical assistance opportunities. Can't wait until 2020? Data visualization is also one of the topics covered in the TDC Advanced Data Analytics training that will be offered in September, 2019. See here for details on how to apply for the course.